Thursday, June 22, 2017

Moving Mom Along

I don't know how I feel about this.  My siblings are all in agreement that mom needs to be moved along to a facility that can give her a level of care that my husband and I cannot.  

We've checked out the places. They are expensive. But my sister insists that she could be in the place we are leaning towards for at least two years before assets need to be touched.  Really?  Still do not know how long she can remain in the pay-as-you-go facility.  Will she outlive her funds? Then what?  

The front funnel has reached out to my brother and let him know they are holding a room for mom, but only until tomorrow. Yikes!!!  

I am so concerned that moving her will cause another rapid decline and she'll do poorly.  But that is beyond my control... so much of what concerns me is beyond my control... my son's heroin addiction, my husbands RSD/CRPS pain, my mom's journey with dementia...ugh.  

Well a decision will need to be made, and from the sounds of it, soon!

Prayers requested.

#APlaceForMom #Dementia #HelpWithMom #ILoveMom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?