Tuesday, July 11, 2017

It's Been Decided, We Found A Place For Mom

Arrangements had been made to move mom from my home to her new 'apartment'.  I have such mixed feelings.

I know it's what is best for her.  She needs better care and a place where they can have her do activities.  I hope this Assisted Living facility does her some good.  It's a beautiful facility. 




I am afraid that this move from my home may be the start of another rapid decline.


She's going to be placed in the memory care section because she wouldn't be able to navigate the facility on her own and she'll get the extra care that comes with that unit.


It's pretty expensive too, but is on a month-to-month rental with 30 day notice of leaving.


My sister assures us that mom has sufficient funds to see her through at least 2 years before any assets need to be tapped into... It's kinda like placing a bet that she'll move onto that spirit in the sky before her money runs out.  That's how these places operate... pay as you go... pay to play... pay from your own pocket... and when the well is dry, out you must go.


Ah, who knows... I wish I felt better having her leaving my home.  I wish I didn't feel like I failed her.  I wish I could have given her more.  I wish her a happy life in her new home, her 'apartment'. 


Perhaps I will be greatly surprised.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?