Saturday, July 5, 2014

And She's Off!

July, August & September are to be spent with my sister at her house.

You'll recall, she made her 4 bedroom home a 4 bedroom home again to accommodate mom ;) ;) wink wink.

So today I packed up her stuff and we each drove our respective cars down to my sister's.

NOTE: This is not all of mom's stuff, just the beginning of it!

Of course, not all that she brought is staying at her house... she has a pile for the storage unit and took what mom can keep up to her room.

I have to laugh... it's not worth getting upset about.

I stayed for about an hour going over meds and chatting.... speaking of meds, mom still need TLC when it comes to taking her meds... it matters not how much 'reminding' you do, if you don't make sure she takes it, she gets distracted and forgets to take it.  This week alone, she forgot to take her Tuesday morning meds, her Thursday evening meds and her Friday evening meds...eeeeee gash!  It can drive one batty!!!

Oh and it will drive my sister and her hubby nuts...

I wished them luck and fun and left so I could get a few errands done this afternoon.

While I won't get mom back until April, if all works as planned, I will be working on the room I am readying for her and the other room too.

Ah, the next chapter... turn the page already will ya?

Anyone have any ideas on how mom will handle this transition?  How did your parent handle transisiton from one home to the next?

#elderlycare, #fortheloveofparents, #caringformom, #momsmovedin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?