Saturday, October 31, 2015

God Help Me!

God help me!

Help me to get patient. 

Patient with mom.



Mom's had a walker for about 5 weeks now, but in actual usage, about 2.5 weeks.  That's because she's been in and out of hospitals and nursing homes so much over the last 5 weeks.



I must tell her about 70 times a day, when you are up walking, you need to have your walker in your hands so you do not fall.  You fell and fractured your pelvis so now you MUST use a walker EVERY time you walk so you don't fall again and do more damage to yourself.



And everytime she gets up, she walks right past her walker and walks!!! ARGH!!!  I am about ready to hand cuff it to her wrist!


I am now at the point where I am not telling her, not saying to her, I am just about YELLING it at her!  

And I hate that.

She gets frustrated with me as I get frustrated with her.



Please God, help me.   Help me to get patient.  Patient with mom.



Anyone out there experience this and can offer a few words of encouragement or suggestions?

#dementiaistakingmomaway  #dementia #caringformom #momneedshelp #adultcare #seniorcare #caregiver #helpforcaregivers #ilovemom #momisdisappearing #livingwithmom #livingwithdementia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?