Thursday, May 29, 2014

Change of Scenery for the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend

The Memorial Day holiday weekend usually finds me celebrating my anniversary and birthday somewhere in that timeframe.  As luck would have it, this year both fell during or just after (25th was anniversary and 27th is birthday) AND my daughter has rented a place at the Jersey Shore for the whole week.

Back when my daughter was reserving it, I asked mom if she wanted to join us for a long holiday weekend at the shore... mom was at my brother's house.  She nearly sprang out of her chair in excitement, YES! I WOULD!

I think she was chomping at the bit to get out of their house... now it's my house she's chomping at the bit! HA!

Mom has gotten stronger as each day passes.  We walked a few blocks to go out to eat.  She did surprisingly well with only a brief break to sit and get herself back together.  Actually, BOTH my dates had to take a break from the walking...


We made it to the eatery on the boardwalk that has grub that isn't your typical boardwalk food, ordered and sat at a table and lo and behold, who do we see there?  My oldest son, sister-in-law and 2 nephews... they had chosen the same place to eat!  Imagine that!


We enjoyed our meal and started our trek back to the rental house.  This time doing a little bit of shopping in the stores along the way.

I think mom was pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?