Thursday, October 30, 2014

Why Does My Sister and Brother Insist on Doing Things Behind Mom's Back?

There's a few things left at mom's house.

My sister just wrote to me and said she was going to have mom stay at her house tonight so my brother could go and put some things out in the trash.... and asked if I could get the 'Goodwill' boxes over to Goodwill this weekend without her knoweing... b/c she'll want to go through them again.

Honestly, I don't have any issues going thru the boxes with mom again.... afterall, I went thru them with her the first time.... and we decided they were either too big or too old....

Yes, mom keeps thinking these are things she wanted to keep, but they are not... and I think including mom in this decision is important b/c she doesn't know what happened to a lot of stuff and it's disconcerting to her.

This time, when we go through the box, we'll make sure to bring them right away to Goodwill to donate so she doesn't have to remember if they are keeps or giveaways.

Friends out there in Internet land, have you struggled with this type of thing and how did you handle it?

#elderlycare #momsmovedin #parentalcare #momsinthehouse #careforparents #howtohandleagingparents #agingparents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?