Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Money and Credit Card Missing...

The latest dilemma, Mom went shopping for a few Christmas gifts today at Modell's.  She picked out a couple of presents and went to the register.

As the cashier was ringing up her finds and announced her total to be $114 and some change, Mom went into her pocketbook to retrieve her wallet.

To her surprise, her credit card was not in her wallet.  Her store credit cards were there but not the MasterCard.

We used it yesterday.  Hubby went to local pharmacy to purchase Iron pills and Vitamin C pills.  I took mom to her hemotologist appointment yesterday.  While there we discussed mom's fatigue to be a bit more than normal.  He suggested adding these two supplements to her regimen to see if it helps.

When hubster returned from the pharmacy, he gave her back her credit card.

I told mom to get her pocketbook and I'd look through it because we had it yesterday.  I began the search by digging into the purse and pulling out one thing after another.  No credit card.

So my sister stopped by to drop off some mail, a list of vendors needing to be contacted and have the 'billing address' changed to my sister's house.  Who knows when the forwarding address will expire at USPS.

I figured if I found the paperwork sis brought up, I'd find the credit card.

I went upstairs and found the paperwork on her bed.  I moved it and the blanket across the end of the bed moved and lo and behold, what to my wondering eyes should appear????? 

You guessed it, mom's credit card.

I brought it down and we activated the other one sis brought up.  We placed it into her wallet.

She's all set to go  back to Modell's and get the items tomorrow. Luckily the cashier said she'd hold them for her to come back and purchase.

Problem solved... that is, of course, except for the two $100 bills she had, at some point, in an envelope in her purse that's missing... I'll deal with that at another time... More to come.

Have you ever had to deal with this issue?  How did you handle it?

#eldercare #momsmovedin #elderlycare #helpwithmom #losingmoney #confusedmom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?