Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dimentia, Let the F-U-N Begin!

Well, finally, it's been confirmed by the staff at the Rehabilitation facility, mom has dimentia.  Physically, she can do just about all things, but cognitively, she's not doing so good.  

I don't know too much about dimentia so my hitting the 'books' and doing research will commence now.

Between today being the anniversary of my Dad's death 28 years ago and the confirmation that mom is in early stages of dimentia, I'm feeling kinda low today.  I'm sad... but I realize I should be just the opposite and be happy for all the time I will have with mom.

I will have to learn new coping skills and how to deal with people with this disease.  My only wish is that my mother has the best, happiest life until she passes onto heaven.  I hope I can fulfill this.

I've already had the 'come to Jesus' meeting with my siblings letting them know we all need to make mom a priority in our lives and I need their help with her.  She will need their stimulation and to be taken out to get a change of scenery... I simply cannot do it alone.

Luckily, we are in agreement... but we'll see if the walk the walk when push comes to shove.

Sorry, a little to cliche-y?  Perhaps.

#elderlycare #momsmovedin #eldercare #dimentia #needhelpwithmom #lovemom 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?