Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Update on Mom...

Mom was moved to a Rehabilitation center around 8pm on Monday night.

Needless to say, the move (as they all do) made her confused.  I stopped by on Tuesday morning on my way to work and dropped off clothes for about 5 days.  She was very happy to see me but thought she was in the hospital asking if the high school was behind the building.

I explained that the high school is next to the hospital and now she was next to the hospital where my baby brother was born.  I know, it's confusing to you right!  

I had to leave because I had an 11am meeting at work and told her I'd stop by on my way home.

I did, visited for about an hour and 15 minutes.  My younger brother also stopped by about an hour after I arrived... then I left and headed home.

Although she did go to PT (Physical Therapy) she did not have any idea on a plan the may have been set after her assessment.  

One of us will have to talk to the personnel there to get answers.

I leave for Orlando on Sunday at the crack of dawn for a week of work.  I told her she may, or may not, be released while I am away.

Either way, I'd stop by on my way home and visit for a short bit before leaving.

#eldercare #takingcareofmom #momsmovedin #elderlycare #momneedsusnow #lovemom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have you had to deal with this type of thing? Care to share?